Monday, February 15, 2016

A boy who has older sisters.

Wow! It's been awhile since I've written anything. I don't think I've ever gone quite so long between posts. Life got very busy around here right after our snow days ended. The kids returned to school and all of their after school activities began as well! Sanaa and Layla are both playing basketball through the Upward program at church. It's a great program and I love how there is not a lot of pressure on the kids to be the best player. All players are given equal playing time. Layla has also been using for quite awhile to take ballet so she is in a ballet class and Sanaa is in an art class. Malakai is back in gymnastics and then gets drug around to his sisters' activities. 

In the middle of January, our children's pastor at church resigned. That caught me and everyone else completely by surprise. No one saw it coming! One of the support staff in the office was also getting ready to leave since her husband got a new job in Wisconsin. With our children's pastor leaving and the gal in the office leaving I knew I would be asked to step in once again. But I had no idea how I would manage it with our crazy spring schedule. 

Then something even more surprising happened because our pastor called and offered me a part-time paid position as the interim children's director! I would take over some of the children's pastor responsibilities (anything that involved the elementary aged kids) and some of the lesson planning the staff in the office had been doing. But I didn't know what to do about childcare for Malakai. That same afternoon, childcare fell into place via the pastor's wife! So in less than 24 hours everything literally fell into place and I was able to accept our pastor's offer.

I started my new job last week and it's gone quite well. Creating the lesson plans for 4 Sunday school classes isn't as hard as I expected. Just a lot of copying and pasting. It's also nice to have a break from the kids!

Here are some random pictures of Malakai over the past few weeks. We had a little stretch of time where the kids kept running low fevers. Malakai decided he needed to check the cats temperature as well. 


One afternoon as I was doing laundry and some other chores it dawned on me that Malakai had been quiet for a rather long time. That is typically not a good thing. I found him in the bathroom wearing a princess dress and doing the hair of a pony and Elsa. I'm pretty sure he played contentedly in the bathroom with the pony and Elsa for a good 45 minutes!


One evening after bath time Malakai came running out to show me how he had done his hair. He came around the corner and said, "Mommy, look! I pretty!"

It's that time of year where I start going through all the kids' clothes and prepare for the spring consignment sale. As I was going through a box of Layla's clothing, Malakai pulled out one of dresses and ran off. He came out of his room wearing Layla's dress. Malakai is going to be so embarrassed with all the pictures I have of him wearing princess dresses and his sister's clothing!


No comments: