Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Turkey cupcakes and applesauce

Making turkey cupcakes might just turn into an annual tradition. We did this for the first time last year. As Halloween neared this year and the candy corns were everywhere, Sanaa started asking about making turkey cupcakes. So we did. We didn't make a ton. I let each kid decorate two cupcakes and then I froze the rest of the cupcakes for a later use. They really enjoyed decorating it, but Layla and Malakai didn't eat much of their cupcakes. 



We also made some homemade applesauce! Our kids eat a lot of applesauce. In the past I've helped my mom make it but this year we made it at home. I borrowed my mom's applesauce thing which use to be her moms. The kids thought it was the coolest thing ever.



We ended up with just over 14 pints of applesauce. That'll last a month or two. Next year I'll hopefully have time to make even more since they eat so much of it. The kids are also into making funny faces for nearly every picture.


No comments: