Thursday, December 31, 2015

Christmas programs

The first full week of December was extremely busy! Not only were we dealing with some personal family stuff and a stomach bug but all the kids had their Christmas programs that week too. Plus, the first 3 Sundays in December the kids performed in the worship service too! I was very happy to have that week end!

I didn't take a picture of all the church performances. On the first Sunday the kindergarteners and preschoolers played the bells. Layla and Malakai did a great job along with the other kids. On the second Sunday I led the elementary kids as they sang a song while the kindergarteners and preschoolers walked in as a live nativity. It was my first time leading anything like that and it went well overall. We had some preschoolers stumble and fall but the elementary kids sang quite well. On the third Sunday Layla and Malakai sang with the other kindergartners and preschoolers. Both Layla and Malakai were very shy up on stage. They were the only two kids not doing any of the hand motions!

The second Tuesday in December Layla and Malakai had their Christmas school programs. They did well and both sang and did the motions with their classes. I tried to get some pictures of the kids before the program. Sanaa and Layla cooperated quite well but Malakai would not let me take a good picture of him.




This pouty picture was the best I could get. Which was a bummer since he looked so handsome in his little suit!





On Friday, December 11, Sanaa had her Winter program. It was mostly in Spanish but I could pick out a little bit to understand. She did well, although she spent some of the time giggling and not singing. When I asked her about it she told me the boys behind her kept singing in funny voices which made her laugh.

No comments: