Thursday, November 12, 2015

Bowling

The same day that I went apple gathering with my dad I also took the kids to a birthday party. I spent an hour and a half gathering apples with my dad. We then went back to my parents house where my mom was watching the kids. I hurriedly got the kids in the car and we headed off to the birthday party that Layla was invited to. This was her friend Jake and they were in the same preschool class together last year. Jake is the one friend she talked about frequently over the summer and was sad that she wasn't going to see him anymore. I found out that Jake and Layla were going to be in the same kindergarten class the day we met Layla's teachers. It was great watching those two see each other.

Anyway, when Layla got invited to Jake's birthday she desperately wanted to go, so we did. It was a bowling party and my kids have never been bowling. They had no idea what to do and were not happy about having to wear the bowling shoes. Layla was the first one to finally join in. Sanaa sat on a chair whining about the shoes for at least 15 minutes. Malakai was fine with the shoes but scared of the ball and rolling it down the lane. 

But eventually all 3 kids relaxed. Sanaa put the shoes on and commented on how they weren't so bad after all. I helped Malakai roll his first ball down the lane and then after that he wanted to do it by himself. The kids had a blast! And by the end of the party were begging me to go bowling again.




I didn't even pull out the parking lot before Layla and Malakai were asleep. They were very tired after their busy day of playing at grandma's and bowling!

No comments: