Sunday, October 18, 2015

Final days of summer

We're well into fall now. In fact, Halloween isn't that far off, so I guess it would be a good idea to finish up the summer posts. We spent a lot of time outside this summer. 

Layla is turning out to be quite the little handy girl. She helped me fix a screen this summer and once I showed her what to do she was able to do most of it. 








Playing at the fountains in downtown Beaverton. Each summer there are free lunches for kids at various places in Beaverton. One of the places is at a park with fountains where we could meet friends.

I'm not sure if Malakai was cleaning the slide and just painting with water. Whatever he was doing, he was entertained for quite awhile.

Watching the outdoor tv. Sanaa drew a tv on the fence and they would take turns changing the channel and inform the others what they were watching. It was quite funny to watch them do this.



A bridge over the mud pond.


Sanaa and Malakai were singing and making music together. I really wish I had been quick enough to get a video of this.


The last week and half before school started I watched two extra kids. These are our youth pastor's kids. Their usual babysitter had to go out of town so I filled in for a few days. All the kids had a blast together! The cool thing is that our new youth pastor now lives in our neighborhood, so it only takes about 2-3 minutes to get to their house.





No comments: