Thursday, June 4, 2015

The kids' mermaid and pirate birthday party.

The last Saturday in May we had one party for all three kids. This year we did a mermaid and pirate theme. Malakai loves Jake and the Neverland Pirates. He knew really fast what kind of cake he wanted. He was adamant about having Jake's ship Bucky for his cake. 

At first Sanaa wanted an under the sea party. With Malakai really liking pirates I asked Sanaa if we could do a combination of mermaids and under the sea. Both Layla and Sanaa loved the idea of mermaids so we went with it. One of their favorite shows right now is a mermaid show called Mako Mermaids.

I'll do a separate post on the cakes later, but Layla had cupcakes and Sanaa had a star shaped cake that she designed.


I know there are several pictures of them standing in front of their cakes but I like each picture for a different reason. In the first picture, Sanaa's fearful face as I light Malakai's candle makes me chuckle. In the second picture, Layla reached out to touch Malakai's arm and I love how they were smiling at each other. I can't remember what was so funny in the third picture but I think it was when we got to the part in song where you say the child's name and everyone said their three names really fast and in different orders. The last picture I like because Layla is watching excitedly as Sanaa blows out her candle.





I think I did pretty well on how much cake I made. This was all we had left after the party! Not too bad. I was afraid we'd have a lot more than this.

No comments: