Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Games and decorations at the birthday party

It's been nearly a good 3 weeks since the kids' birthday party so I should probably finish my posts about that. Sanaa actually came up with a majority of the games that we played. A few I suggested. I had to buy very little for the games since we used items we had in the garage or house.

As the kids arrived at the party, I had treasure chests sitting out that they could decorate. They were plain brown boxes that I put a small strip of gold duct tape around. Inside the treasure chest were small jewels and coins the kids could use to decorate their chest with. The jewels were peel and stick which made it much easier for the kids to use to decorate with. The treasure chests served as the kids' party favors.

Sanaa's finished treasure chest. She chose to glue her coins on the bottom of her treasure chest. I'm not sure why.

Both Sanaa and Layla helped me make a ring toss. I found an old board up in our attic. All three kids helped sand it a little bit to get off dirt and splinters. We then used some old paint that was left over from painting the bedrooms. The only things I bought for the ring toss was a wooden dowel from Home Depot that I cut into smaller pieces and the rings. I had stencils that I used to paint the words on and then I printed off pictures of Jake, Ariel, and a treasure chest that we taped on. The "path" was black construction paper that we taped on.




I also made balloon swords to use during one of the games. The kids enjoyed testing out the swords before the party.



The pirates chasing and capturing the mermaids. We started with three pirates that had a balloon sword. The mermaids ran around and could jump into a hula hoop for 5 seconds to stay safe. If the mermaid was touched by a pirate they became a pirate and got their own balloon sword. It was basically a chaotic game of chase, but the kids seemed to love it.


A treasure dig where the kids could find gold doubloons, necklaces, rings, bouncy balls, and other little surprises. I borrowed the container from my dad. The sand was on sale for just over $2 and most the small prizes were things my kids have collected from various school parties and stuff. (They think the toys are great for the first day and then they forget about them!) I also bought a few things at the dollar store but didn't spend more than $5 there.

We've had a random piece of wood out in our back yard that I painted the words walk the plank on. I then tied it to two stools that we have and the kids were able to walk across it. I just forgot to take a picture of it during the party.

The decoration were quite simple. We had some seaweed and fish on our pantry doors and more seaweed and fish on the door in our entry way. Sanaa also wanted a waterfall and when I asked how we would make that she said that we just needed to hang blue streamers from the doorway that leads into our kitchen area. Overall, this was a fairly easy party to do.



No comments: