Friday, February 6, 2015

A little of this and a little of that

I did not realize it had been two weeks since I last posted. I guess that's just the season of life we're in. I take fewer pictures but our days are quite busy. By the evening I'm quite tired. 

I have a bunch of random pictures from the past couple of weeks. Sanaa finished painting all the canvases one of her friends had given her for her birthday. She hung them up where she wanted. I tried to help her hang them a little more evenly but she insisted that they were perfect and right where she wanted them.

Layla and Malakai are becoming better friends. It took them awhile to figure out how to play together. Layla was use to playing with Sanaa all the time and just viewed Malakai as a baby (and probably an annoyance). The first few weeks after Sanaa started 1st grade Layla spent a lot of time whining about Malakai bugging her. Now the two of them will go off and actually play together. Malakai has also become a very affectionate little guy. Before nap and bed time he asks for a kiss from each of his sisters.


Speaking of Malakai and Layla playing together, one afternoon it got a little quite as I helped Sanaa with her homework. Layla and Malakai then came out to the kitchen and said they had big boo-boos but had taken care of it. Their choice of band-aids were from my bathroom. They had been playing with the feminine hygiene products. No wonder they had been so quiet.


Along with running Kid City on Sunday mornings, I also coordinate a Mommy and Me Play Date group that meets once a month. I've wanted to drop the play dates because it wasn't originally my idea and the play dates basically got left in my lap. When I went to cancel them I had some other moms step up to help, which took a lot of the pressure off. There is still some stress with it, but this past week the number of moms that came jumped from 3 to 11. It was incredible and finally made me feel like the time I put into coordinating the play dates was beginning to pay off.

At each play date I have a simple craft available for the kids. This month we made heart shaped animals. The kids helped make some before the play date so that I could advertise the craft. Sanaa made a penguin and panda. Malakai made a panda that he then added eyebrows and other facial features to. Layla made a cat and lion, although her cat looks more like a pig since the whiskers were drawn so lightly.


For the Super Bowl we let the kids eat at their folding table in the living room. They thought it was the best thing ever!

I discovered that Layla took a very cute selfie with my phone.

And last, Layla's preschool had a fireman come visit. She came with a fireman hat and was very excited to show it off.

No comments: