Sunday, July 20, 2014

Trip to California (part 2) - picnic the first day of driving

This post is specifically for my dad. The first day of driving we stopped for a picnic in Lowell, OR. The park we came to had a bunch of different types of machinery. I know my dad would have enjoyed this park!

There were old train tracks and even a train car, but I didn't get a picture of that.



I didn't take pictures of all the signs. The bulldozer is a 1921 Cletrac Bulldozer. The sign below says, "This bulldozer was the predecessor for Gibson bulldozers. Cletrac bulldozers were used for skidding logs on gentle slopes as a replacement for oxen and horses. This Cletrac was recovered near Westfir in 2002 and donated to the Rolling Rock park Heritage museum.


The towed road grader.
"This grader was towed behind horses, a truck, or a bulldozer and was used to finish grading a road."

No comments: