Saturday, July 19, 2014

Trip to California (part 1) - Nate preaching

Nate's parents flew in from Dallas on Friday June 27th. They spent the weekend with us before we began our journey down to California. The Sunday that they were here Nate preached for the second time at our church. The first time he preached his parents were not out here and they listened to his sermon after it was uploaded onto the church's website. This time they got to see him preach!



A before Nate preached picture.

And an after Nate preached picture. It's quite nerve-racking for me when he preaches. I know I get more nervous than he does. He does seem to have a gift for preaching and many people have commented on well he does as well as how natural it seems for him. Who knows what is in store for us. I know neither of us ever thought of Nate as a preacher.

I don't remember where I was when this picture was taken. Maybe I was getting ready for church or maybe it was a different day and I was packing. Who knows, but Gramma Carol took a fun picture of everyone together.

The 12-passenger van that Nate's dad rented and we drove down to California and back. We used the back and the last row to hold all our luggage.


On Tuesday morning (July 1st) we packed up and headed out. The kids were very excited! Sanaa and Layla sat in the first bench and Malakai sat in the 2nd bench with whichever adults were not occupying the front seats.

Malakai was so excited he wouldn't sit still and kept kicking his legs around and laughing.



This was the happiest point of the day for him. The rest of the day was hard and he was grumpy. He did not understand that we were going to be riding in the van ALL DAY LONG. I was tired and exhausted by the end of the day. I was also ready to buy myself a plane ticket home and let the rest of the family go to California without me. Thankfully day 2 of driving went better with Malakai.


No comments: