Sunday, June 1, 2014

Layla's 4th birthday

Today Layla is 4 years old. She is so excited that it's her birthday and has been letting everyone we know that today she is now 4. Later today (or tomorrow) I'll ask her the questions I've asked on her previous birthdays and post her responses. But for now I thought I'd share some pictures from today.


After giving me a nice smile for the first picture she asked if she could do a funny face picture.

Last night before Nate and I went to bed we hung up streamers outside Layla's bedroom door. She was quite surprise as she walked out.

All three kids have enjoyed running through the streamers. So far they haven't tried to pull them down. They just like running through them.

We only gave Layla a couple of presents. She'll get more at her birthday party in a couple weeks, plus, the girls got a large doll house a month or so ago from a consignment sale we went to and I informed them at the time that the dollhouse was part of their birthday present. Layla still loves My Little Pony, so I found Rainbow Dash for her since she already has Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie.

She also got a basket for the front of her bike. About 2 weeks ago, we got her a larger bike because she was already outgrowing her small one. Plus, she kept complaining that she couldn't go fast enough to keep up with Sanaa.



I'm also beginning a new tradition that my grandparents use to do (my mom's parents). Each year on my birthday they would send a card with money. The amount of money corresponded to how old I was. So Layla received $4 today for her birthday. She was very surprised and excited to see the money.


Yesterday, Sanaa worked hard on making a birthday card for Layla. This morning, Sanaa showed Layla everything she drew and even read what she wrote.


To finish off the morning we gave Layla a birthday cinnamon roll. She chose the pink icing yesterday, but I don't think she was expecting a candle this morning.



No comments: