Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Interview with Layla

Here is the interview I did with Layla.
What is your favorite color? Pink, purple, white
What is your favorite song? Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star (and then she sang the whole thing)
What is your favorite tv show? “the one where everything disappears in Jake and the Never Land Pirates” (she likes to watch My Little Pony and Jake and The Never Land Pirates)
What is your favorite game to play? “I don’t know which one I like.” “I wish I could have a My Little Pony game.”
What is your favorite thing to do outside? Throw mud at the fence and the deck and the tables
What is your favorite book to read? “I wish I had a My Little Pony book”
What is your favorite place to go? To OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry)
Who are your friends? “I love Marcus and Naomi”
Who is your church friend? Gracie
What toy(s) do you like to play with? “My computer. My little one. I also love to read Bibles. And I also love devotions.”
What is your favorite food? “I like macaroni and cheese, hot dogs, chicken, and all the foods in the whole wide world.”
What is your favorite drink? Milk, water
What is your favorite fruit? Peaches, plums, apples, pears, and bananas
What is your favorite animal? Little dogs and little cats
What is your favorite Bible Story? “I don’t know yet.”
What do you want to do when you grow up? “when I grow up I want to be a mommy”
What makes you happy? “when I keep on watching tv at rest time”
What makes you sad? “when Malakai hits me and yells really loud”
What do you like to do with daddy? “I love him”
What is your favorite thing to wear? Princess dress
What is your favorite flower? “I love all the flowers”
What do you like to grow in the garden? “snap peas”


Layla loves to dress up and wear various princess dresses around. She will often pick out a dress or skirt to wear for the day and then go play in the mud and dirt. She does not like to have anything in her hair. Not even a pony tail or head band.

She loves to ride her new bike and race Sanaa. For a 4-year-old she seems to be fairly athletic. She can climb nearly anything and likes to sit on the railing of our deck. She is not hesitant to try new activities and will often times try something before Sanaa does.

She walks around barefoot all the time. Rocks and splinters don't phase her and she'll run barefoot across surfaces that hurt my feet.

Exploring trails and finding "treasures" (a interesting shaped rock, a bird feather, etc) is one thing she really enjoys. She also loves to play in water and swim.

Layla is constantly on the go, but has also become very affectionate. She will often tell Nate and I how much she loves us and that we are the best mommy or daddy around. She wants to give lots hugs and kisses which Sanaa and Malakai don't often appreciate.

She is still very petite. I thought that the 4T clothing would start to fit her, but the 4T pants and shorts are too big and fall off of her. So I've had to find what little 3T clothing I still have. My box of 3T summer clothes disappeared. I have no idea what I did with it. I don't remember selling size 3T at the past consignment sales, so I'm not sure what I did. Luckily, Layla likes to wear dresses and skirts so having a lack of shorts hasn't been a big problem (I think only 3 of her shorts fit her well).

No comments: