Sunday, April 13, 2014

Just a little trim

This past Monday was a very hard day for me. Layla was really trying my patience. I'm not sure what was going through her mind, but I could not wait for bed time to come. I had one item on my to-do list for that afternoon while Malakai slept. I wanted to weed the garden and get it ready so we could starting planting vegetables over the next few weeks. I got hardly any weeding done.

Layla began her mischievous activities by dumping her smoothie all over our slides. So I got to clean that up since I really didn't want Malakai sliding down it later with smoothie all over it. Then I tried to get some weeding done and started by cutting down some of the mint. The girls wanted to help and  I let them use their own scissors. But Malakai woke up early, so I headed inside to get him. As I came back out, I saw Sanaa run by the back door with her hand behind her back as if she was hiding something. I asked her about it and she gave me a clump of Layla's hair. Layla had decided her hair needed trimming!


Thankfully, you can't tell that Layla cut her hair. It just looks like she added an extra layer. Her reason for trimming her hair was, "I wanted my hair at my shoulders." 

I guess I'll need to make Layla a hair cut appointment sometime soon.

No comments: