Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Papa Gene and Gramma Carol come for a visit

At the end of February, Nate's parents came to visit for a few days. During their visit we got to celebrate Papa Gene's birthday. Sanaa and Layla love to celebrate birthdays and they started planning what kind of cake we would make. Sanaa didn't have to think long about what kind of cake to make Papa Gene. She said we needed to make him a football cake, "because he likes to watch football." So I made a football shaped cake and the girls helped sprinkle on some grass. 

We had fun with Nate's parents, but I realized that I hardly took any pictures! The 6 pictures I have posted are literally the only pictures I took. Nate's parents got to see Sanaa cheer at a basketball game. They also got to go to school one day with Sanaa and one day with Layla. Their visit here flew by and the kids (yep, even Malakai) were not ready to see them go.

One afternoon, I pulled out the play-doh and Mr. Potato Head parts. I saw the idea on Pinterest and I must say, this was a pretty big hit. All three kiddos played for a long time creating strange creatures with the play-doh and Mr. Potato Head part.





No comments: