Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Trip to the dentist

On Monday, Sanaa and Layla had appointments at the dentist. I had completely forgotten about the appointments until last week when I received the reminder emails. I wasn't too excited about taking all 3 kids to the dentist right in the middle of nap time.

Our past visits haven't gone the best, so I didn't have much hope for this time. However, it went extremely well. Both girls let the dental hygienist clean their teeth! It has taken us about 4 visits to get to this point. Sanaa went first and I was smart enough to remember to tell them to not have the chair lay down because that has been what has ended the visit each time. The dental hygienist let Sanaa and Layla see and touch each piece of equipment before she used it. We haven't had this dental hygienist in the past, but she was awesome and very patient with the girls. I think her patience was what made this dentist visit so successful.

Anyway, both girls got their teeth cleaned and flossed. They picked out some fun prizes from the prize box and then I took all the kids to a park since it wasn't raining.

The biggest surprise was that we discovered that Sanaa has her first loose tooth! Sanaa hasn't said a word about any of her teeth moving so I was shocked when the dental hygienist said there was a loose tooth in her mouth. It is one of the bottom front teeth that is loose. I have no idea when it will fall out but this is one of those milestones that I've never even thought about. It doesn't seem like Sanaa should be old enough yet to start loosing teeth, yet I know she is. I guess the tooth fairy needs to start preparing!

No comments: