Monday, January 20, 2014

The destruction and activity of Malakai

About 2 weeks ago just before I had to walk to the bus stop with Layla and Malakai to pick up Sanaa I heard a loud crash. Layla came out of Malakai's room with Malakai following her and she said, "Mommy, something bad happened. I just don't know how it happened. But it's bad." That's when I discovered that they had somehow pulled Malakai's curtains off the wall. The screws and all came out. The screws left some nice holes after being ripped out of the wall but I didn't have time to deal with it since Sanaa's bus was arriving. 

After lunch, I went in to get the curtains back up since Malakai needed a nap, but it turned out to be a lot of work. I had to drill new holes and of course the drill wasn't charged up. What should have been a 5 minute fix took more like 30 minutes and I was not happy. Neither was Malakai who was getting tired and crying about everything.

I'm not sure if this was the same day or the next day, but Malakai attempted to crawl up onto the sink in the kids bathroom. He then got stuck like this. Normally he's pretty good about figuring out how to get down, but maybe he was just too tired or something and he could not figure out how to put his leg back down onto the toilet.

There are a few pants that Malakai has that he enjoys pushing down and walking around with them hanging half way off his butt. He better not wear this style when he is older!


Malakai LOVES to whisper secrets! It's a new thing he's learned to do and after he "whispers" his secret he'll throw his head back and start laughing.


Today, he finally figured out how to climb up to the top bunk. Sanaa yelled for me to come get Malakai. Normally when she yells he is only on the first rung, so I wasn't in a big hurry until I saw him on top of the bunk.

He thoroughly enjoyed himself up there but now that he can climb up there I'm not going to be able to let him play in the girls room unless I'm there. That'll be hard while I'm making dinner because they often like to play in their bedrooms while I'm cooking.

No comments: