Monday, January 6, 2014

Our 11th Anniversary

On Saturday (January 4th) Nate and I celebrated our 11th anniversary. We had a fun afternoon and evening away while my parents watched the kids. We saw a movie and ate at McCormick & Schmick's Grill. It was great. I had stuffed salmon and Nate had shrimp scampi. It was delicious and I haven't been that stuffed in awhile (most likely because I rarely get to sit through an entire meal with the kids because one of them needs something or one has dropped something or one is throwing something). Despite being full we still ordered dessert because getting out and away from the kids is very rare for us and we had to make it last longer somehow.

For dessert we order the chocolate bag to share. And it was a chocolate bag. With white chocolate mousse inside and berries on top. It was quite good!

These next pictures have nothing to do with our anniversary. I just found them and realized I never posted them. And since it's been cold, cloudy, and dreary, it's nice to look back at pictures that remind me of some warmer weather. Back in November (the first weekend) Nate and I flew to California to attend an orientation at Point Loma University. We had heard that the university was near the ocean, but when we drove onto campus and literally saw the ocean we couldn't believe the view. Why hadn't I heard of this place when I was headed to college? I would have loved to attend a college that was right on the ocean. We did get to talk to a few of the students there and asked them how they got any school work done and their first response was they have to go to the library where they can't see the ocean, but then for those who have been on campus longer seeing the ocean just becomes the norm and you take it for granted. 

Anyway, we spent 2 1/2 days here in November and had a nice weekend even though we were inside for most of it.





No comments: