Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Day

Christmas day was rather busy, but fun for us. The kiddos woke a their normal time (6:30-7:00ish). Once everyone was dressed and breakfast was done we started opening gifts. Malakai was more interested in the gifts everyone else was getting and still didn't understand when we gave him a package that he could open it. He usually pushed it aside or ignored it until it was unwrapped for him.

One of Sanaa's favorite gifts was an art activity center. It's a box full of little cubbies with a variety of craft supplies like glitter pens, feathers, beads, foam shapes, glue, pipe cleaners, markers, etc. There is a lot of crafting items and she could not wait to start making something.

Layla got a wooden tea set and all the kids immediately began "eating" and having a tea party.

After we finished opening gifts at home we headed to my brother's house and exchanged gifts with them. We weren't there for very long but it was nice to spend time with my brother and his family. I didn't even think to take pictures while we were there. 

We left Ryan's place and headed over to my parents for a yummy meal of ham, mashed potatoes, rolls, corn, and of course a big variety of cookies. Since the kids were all wound up after lunch and Malakai didn't seem too interested in napping we started opening gifts. Sanaa and Layla could not wait to tear into their gifts, but once again Malakai just didn't understand the excitement. 


Even though my mom shook his stocking and dumped his gifts right next to him, he was much more interested in sucking on the lollipop that fell out of the stocking and playing with a little stove.

I didn't take too many gifts of the kids opening presents because it all seemed to happen quite fast.

One of Malakai's favorite gifts (he actually has a couple of favorites) was a remote control truck from my parents. He has played with that quite a bit.

Even my dad got in on the action with Malakai.

Sanaa and Layla got some pretty cool hair clips and the first time they put them in, they came running to find me and said, "Mom! Look! I'm a pony now!"


One of Malakai's other favorite gifts is a hockey goal he got from Nate's parents. He played with it for a good 25 minutes. I'm sure he'd play with it more, but we've already managed to lose the ball. I have looked all over and under every piece of furniture but have no idea where the ball went. I'm sure it'll turn up when I least expect it. For now, we have other balls that seem to work.



No comments: