Thursday, October 17, 2013

Kids say the darndest things

Here are some of the conversations that have occurred around here the past few weeks. At least here are the ones I quickly typed on my phone so I wouldn't forget.

Layla:
"Hey Sanaa. Let's play duck, duck, goose on our bikes! Tag, your it. Now get me!"

**************
Sanaa:
"Mom, I am so mad at Layla. She went to the side and peed on the rocks! I'm just so mad!
(Then Layla comes walking around from the side of the house carrying her dry underwear and dry pants.)

**************
Our neighbor takes care of a little baby and was asking me if I made my own baby food in the past. I said I had and told her I had a baby recipe book she could look through to get ideas. She said she'd wait outside and watch Sanaa and Layla for me since they were interested in the baby. I walked inside and came back out to find my neighbor and her daughter (who is college) laughing.

The neighbor told me her daughter had picked the baby up out of the car and he burped. Her daughter asked my girls if they heard it.

Sanaa said, "Yes, and my mom eats lunch and then burps."

Nice. Just nice.



No comments: