Sunday, June 9, 2013

Interview with Layla

Each year, beginning when someone turns 3, I do an interview with my kids on their birthday. I ask them the same questions and record the changes in their answers. I've done this twice with Sanaa but this was the first year I did it with Layla. The first year with Sanaa I didn't have very many questions, but last year Sanaa wanted me to ask her a bunch of questions. I weeded out the questions I like best to ask Layla and I'll probably stick with these questions for the future.

Below, Layla is wearing her Alice in Wonderland while holding a slug in her shovel.

What is your favorite color? green
What is your favorite song? Jesus Love Me (she can sing pretty much the whole thing by herself)
What is your favorite tv show? Diego
What is your favorite game to play? Princess (not sure what she meant. We do have a princess Chutes and Ladders game).
What is your favorite thing to do outside? play ball (not the answer I expected but Sanaa suggested it to Layla and that's what Layla stuck with. I thought it would be something like looking for worms and slugs.)
What is your favorite book to read? dinosaur
What is your favorite place to go? the park
Who are your friends? Cole, Brynli, and Sanaa
Who is your church friend? Maddie
What toy(s) do you like to play with? Computer (the girls have a small purple computer)
What is your favorite food? Mac & cheese (no surprise there! She asks for it nearly every day.)
What is your favorite drink? Milk
What is your favorite fruit? Banana
What is your favorite animal? Elephant
What is your favorite Bible Story? Moses, Pharaoh; then Sanaa suggested Mary had a baby so Layla said that as well. Layla also said Daniel lions den.
What do you want to do when you grow up? cook dinner
What makes you happy? playing games
What makes you sad? poky things (I'm guessing she was thinking about getting splinters on her feet.)
What do you like to do with daddy? play tickle
What is your favorite thing to wear? Alice in Wonderland (her dress up clothes)
What is your favorite flower? purple flower
What do you like to grow in the garden? strawberries

No comments: