Saturday, January 5, 2013

Layla's shenanigans (part 3) - testing mommy's patience

So far today Layla has ripped 5 pages out of Sanaa's princess book that she received for Christmas from Papa Gene and Gramma Carol, spit water on our couch, threw a hard toy orange at Sanaa hitting her square on the forehead, and covered Sanaa's pizza with applesauce while Sanaa was going to the bathroom. While in her bedroom during one of several timeouts Layla also removed her pants and diaper and peed on the floor. It is taking every ounce of self-control I have to not spank Layla very hard. Spanking hasn't done a thing in the past to deter her and timeouts don't seem to be working either. Taking toys away and banning tv also don't work.

Most of the time I feel like I can handle Layla and deal with her shenanigans, but today I am at a loss as to how to discipline her and deter her from misbehaving. She knows exactly what she is doing and she knows it is wrong.

I seriously did not expect to have a child that tested me this much. It's plumb exhausting and I need to figure out some type of consequence that works for Layla before I go completely crazy.

No comments: