Friday, January 4, 2013

10th Wedding Anniversary

Today was our 10th wedding anniversary. How can it be that 10 years have passed since Nate and I got married? I remember thinking whenever I heard someone say that they had been married for 10 years (or longer) that it seemed like a really long time but these 10 years have passed in the blink of an eye.

It's funny how 10 years ago we were married here in Oregon and then drove out to the coast for our wedding night. I knew that after that we would go on our honeymoon and then I'd move to Texas. I never dreamed that I would get to live in Oregon again. But here we are, 10 years later with 3 kids and living in Oregon.

These 10 years have been quite a journey as we started out with certain plans and goals. Our plans did not turn out as we expected and God led us in a different direction (sometime I need to write that story down!). But right now, both Nate and I are very happy with where we are and where God has led us.

(I can't believe how young we look!!)

My two little flower girls are now old enough to come babysit my children. That makes me feel rather old!


This past weekend while Nate's parents were out here visiting we left all 3 kids with them and headed out to the coast for a night. We went to Canon Beach and really enjoyed our time away. Even though we had a little bit of a scare with the car (brakes squealing, the car not starting, and being unable to get it out of park) it was a nice break. I think I enjoyed eating dinner and breakfast without kids! I even made it through an entire cup of coffee without reheating it!

This evening Nate brought some red roses home and Sanaa and Layla both thought they were really pretty. Nate told them the flowers were for me and Sanaa responded, "Yeah. It's your anniversary." I had told Sanaa earlier in the day that it was a special day for mommy and daddy because 10 years ago we were married. Sanaa is currently fascinated by weddings and getting married. She doesn't fully understand the concept but has drawn a couple of different pictures where she is in a pretty dress and has informed me that she's getting married in the picture.

1 comment:

Gene Pond said...

Rosa and Nate, you look exactly the same as you did 10 years ago: beautiful and debonair (though one is a tad more hairy)! We love you and are proud of you and your family--Happy anniversary!
Dad and Mom P.