Saturday, December 15, 2012

Reflections on a Massacre

In the wake of children who are almost as young as Sanaa being cut down while they sat in their classrooms, I find myself unable to sleep.

I've been reflecting on the Revelation. On the one hand, I read tonight about the 4 Horsemen who bring violence and death in their wake, and it feels sometimes like they ride among us even now. But Revelation also brings about the completion of God's plan, when he makes all the wrongs right.

Rev. 21:4 - [God] will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death will not exist any more - or mourning, or crying, or pain, for the former things have ceased to exist.

I also find myself reflecting on Jesus, and on how He would act if He were here right now. As if to answer my unspoken question, God keeps bringing this passage to mind, and I'll leave you with it tonight:

Luke 22:47-51 - While he was still speaking, suddenly a crowd appeared, and the man named Judas, one of the twelve, was leading them. He walked up to Jesus to kiss him. But Jesus said to him, "Judas, would you betray the Son of Man with a kiss?" When those who were around him saw what was about to happen, they said, "Lord, should we use our swords?" Then one of them struck the high priest's slave, cutting off his right ear. But Jesus said, "Enough of this!" And he touched the man's ear and healed him.


No comments: