I've wanted to make Malakai a warm hat with ear flaps and I can finally check that off of my to do list. The first hat I made was too small. It was a tight fit on his head. I followed the pattern but who knows what I did. I had a hard time getting a good picture of Malakai with the first hat I made. It looks like the hat fits him but I had to pull it a little hard to get it on his head.
So I made a second hat that was a size bigger. I really wanted a blue hat with brown trim but I was nearly out of blue. So I made a brown hat with blue trim. This one fits much better and is slightly big on him so I know it'll fit him pretty well for the next few months.
I haven't updated much these past few weeks and that's because we've been busy around here. Sanaa is in preschool three days a week, the girls have swimming lessons once a week, Layla is taking a tumbling class (which ends at the end of Oct thankfully!), I take all the kids to BSF once a week, and I help lead MOPS at our church once a week. All of these things are good things but I think this last month has been quite tiring for all of us as we've gone from a summer with no activities scheduled to having something scheduled nearly every day.
Malakai also outgrew his reflux medication dosage again and this last week was rough. Thankfully we have an awesome pediatrician who increased his dosage over the phone and I didn't have to make a trip to the doctor's office. Today Malakai is back to being more like his cheerful self and is nursing better again. His dosage was increased at the beginning of Sept and here we are a month later with another increase. I'm very curious to find out how much he's grown when we go in for his 4 month check up in a couple weeks.