Friday, August 31, 2012

Congratulations mom!!!

For the past 3 years my mom has been taking online courses working towards getting her masters of science in nursing. Two weeks ago she finished her last class. Woohoo! Last weekend we had a small celebration for her. 

I made graduation cupcakes with the help of the girls. Sanaa chose pink icing for the cupcakes. The graduation caps where made out of reese's peanut butter cups and a hershey chocolate bar. I cut the bar into squares, put a dot of icing on top of the peanut butter cup, and then stuck the hershey bar on that. For the tassel I used a short piece of twizzler with a dot of icing to hold it in place.



The finished cupcakes.

Everyone enjoyed the cupcakes. We also had some homemade blackberry ice cream that we churned in my dad's ice cream churn. The blackberries were from my parent's blackberry bushes at the end of their garden. Blackberry bushes grow like weeds out here so we've been able to get a lot of blackberries for free the past few weeks.


Even Ariana wanted to try some but grandpa wouldn't share.

She was probably thinking, "Come on grandpa. Just a little bite. Mommy will never know!"

1 comment: