Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Malakai's 2 week check up

Today Malakai is 3 weeks old but I never posted about his 2 week check up last week. I imagine that for awhile I'll be consistently behind on updating the blog. Nate's parents were here visiting last week and this week Nate and I are cleaning out the garage and house. So between taking care of children and getting boxes emptied I'm finding very little time for myself.

Malakai's stats from his check up last week were: weight 8 pounds 1 ounce (50th percentile), height 20.67 inches (50th percentile), and head circumference 14 inches (30th percentile).

He is growing very well. The pediatrician laid him on his tummy to see what he would do and he lifted his head for her. Amazing! I'm going to start doing tummy time with him since he's already starting to lift his head. I've also pulled out one of his play mats and he'll lay there quite contentedly and look at the toys. He is so different than Sanaa and Layla. I don't remember the girls ever being content for long when I laid them down on the play mat. So far (and I hope I don't jinx myself!) but Malakai is a much more laid back baby. And for those that know how difficult Sanaa and Layla were this is a wonderful change. I keep telling myself that things could change but for now I'm enjoying the fact that he is easy going and only cries when hungry, gassy, or tired.

The girls have started trying to play with Malakai. They show him toys, tickle his feet, and shake rattles for him. Sanaa also sings to him.


Malakai looking at a little mirror.

1 comment:

Mark and Cari said...

I think he's looking a lot like Sanaa!