Friday, June 15, 2012

Pictures from our week

Only 5 more days until my c-section and I have a to-do list for each day as I wait. Today Nate was off so the to-do list had a little bit more on it than the days I'm home by myself with the girls. This was also Nate's last day off before his paternity leave begins. 

We got some big stuff accomplished and I'm quite happy with what we got done. A week or so ago we had some flooring put into the attic above the garage so today we moved a bunch of boxes, Christmas stuff, and suitcases into the attic. That cleared up a good amount of room in our garage and what is left feels a little more manageable to get through. I just might have our garage cleared out before we've lived here for a year! We'll see.

We also removed the girls car seats from the van, washed their car seat covers (they were nasty!), and vacuumed the van. I have been talking with Sanaa about how once Malakai is born she will have to start sitting in the back of the van. She decided that today was a good day to move her seat. So we did. Sanaa is now in the back seat and Layla and Malakai are in the middle.

Here are some random pictures from the past week.
The girls using their new binoculars to look for birds. The binoculars have also gone in the car with us a couple of times this week as we've run errands.

Playing dress up.

Sanaa took her hat off and said, "Yee-haw!"

Princess Sanaa.

One of the benefits of our new house in Oregon is the garden. I really need to take pictures of it and post them, but we have a small strawberry patch, a couple of rhubarb plants, a couple of raspberry bushes, and a couple of blueberry bushes. Plus lots of space for me to plant veggies. This year I only planted some bell pepper plants, tomato plants, lettuce, carrots, snap peas, and some herbs. Next year I'll probably plant more.

But this evening after dinner the girls and I went outside and picked some strawberries for the first time.  It is awesome picking free strawberries from our backyard! Layla had a bit of a hard time understanding that we don't pick green strawberries and when she picked the ripe ones she ate them. By Monday we'll have a lot more to pick as well.

No comments: