Friday, June 29, 2012

Our little eater

We took Malakai in for his weight check this morning and he currently weighs 7 pounds 3 ounces. That's only 2 ounces shy of his birth weight! The lactation consultant was shocked and so were we. On Tuesday he weight 6 pounds 15 ounces so he gained a good amount over these past few days. The lactation consultant said that they give newborns two weeks to get back to their birth weight but with the way Malakai is eating he'll be at his birth weight in no time. Malakai is also sleeping better. Last night he was only up 3 times. Yay! I'm really surprised that just changing the position in which I nurse him has made such a huge difference in his weight gain and sleeping habits. 

This isn't the best picture but I caught Malakai with a small smile while he slept so I snapped a quick picture with my phone. I know the smile is probably due to gas or something but it sure is cute to see.

Layla needed to try out the bassinet. It's hard to believe that at one time she was as little as Malakai.

I have pictures of both girls sleeping in the bassinet when they were newborns so I took one of Malakai as well. He sure is tiny!

This is currently my favorite picture of the girls. Layla wanted to hold Sanaa and Sanaa let her.

No comments: