Monday, June 18, 2012

Final weekend as a family of 4

It is really hard to believe that this pregnancy is nearly over and that in less that 48 hours we'll be holding our son! I'm ready and not ready at the same time. I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore and feel more like my old self again but I'm not sure I'm ready for 3 kids that will be 4 years and younger. It should make for a very interesting summer and fall.

Nate had to work all weekend which was a bummer but was expected since starting tomorrow (Tuesday) he is taking off 4 weeks. Woohoo! It will pretty much wipe out his vacation time but it'll be awesome having Nate around for an entire month!

For Father's Day I made Nate an omelet (his favorite breakfast) and we gave him a couple gifts. Then he had to head to work. Later in the afternoon after Layla got up from her nap the girls and I drove over to my parents to eat dinner and celebrate Father's Day with my parents, brother, sister-in-law, and little niece. My dad loves pies, so I made a strawberry-rhubarb pie and an apple pie. I had only planned to make a strawberry-rhubarb pie and use what I got from our garden but when Sanaa found out I was making a pie she started asking for an apple pie and wouldn't let it drop. Both pies were really good! Plus it was awesome making a pie using what I got from the garden! I can't wait to pick more berries from our garden and make another pie.

The girls enjoying some sun on Saturday.

Reading books. I had about 5-10 minutes of peace and quiet as both girls sat and looked through books. It was unbelievable and I loved it!

The girls helped set up the pack-n-play where Malakai will sleep for the first month or two. I left the room so I could vacuum real quick and once I was finished I discovered that the girls had found every single stuffed animal in the house and placed it in the pack-n-play. I guess Malakai won't have a spot to sleep after all!
(Caleb and Sarah... notice the big tiger you gave Sanaa? The girls play with it, sit on it, ride it, and carry it around the house all the time!)

This will most likely be the last post before Malakai is born. Tomorrow afternoon Nate and I will be taking the girls over to my parents house where they will stay until I'm released from the hospital. My c-section is schedule for 7:30am (PST) on Wednesday and typically takes about 30 minutes. So, if you think about us during that time feel free to say a prayer that everything goes smoothly and Malakai is a healthy baby. I don't have any worries but you really never know what will happen. Stay tuned for pictures!

1 comment:

aunt karen said...

I CAN'T WAIT for your family to grow to 5!!! See you shortly with your new little snuggle bug!!!