Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! We had a beautiful day here in the NW. The sun was out and it was warm! I'm quite ready for some warmer weather. We enjoyed our day by attending my parents church and then spent the rest of the day at my parents home. 

Over the past few weeks I've been able to talk with Sanaa about the meaning of Easter and hearing her comments is always interesting. A few days ago she told me that Jesus went up to Heaven but she wants him to come back now. Today she told us briefly about what she learned at church which consisted of Jesus having a thorny thing on his head but he was alive. When I asked where Jesus was now she answered, "at Samaritan." So she's getting a few details with the different Bible stories mixed up, but at least we're learning! 

Sanaa was very excited to wear her Easter dress!

Layla wouldn't stand still for her picture and was actually following me trying to get the camera.

Daddy and his girls.

Mommy and her girls.

With my parents, brother, sister-in-law, and niece.

My parents with the grandkids. I love how Sanaa is showing off her dress and Layla is holding Ariana's shoulder.

We did not get a good family picture this year. This first one was the best of two taken before Sanaa walked off.


The girls love their baby cousin. Sanaa tried to play some peek-a-boo with Ariana and Layla just wanted to touch Ariana.

Playing with uncle Ryan.

Listening to the frogs with grandpa.

Looking for fish and frogs with grandpa. Layla climbed up all by herself. I had no idea she could get all the way up the rocks. Guess now we need to keep a much closer eye on her.

No comments: