Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Eggstravaganza

This morning Nate and I took the girls to our new church for their Easter egg hunt and activities. We had a choice to either attend the one at Sanaa's school or the one at church. We decided last night to attend the one at the church since we knew a few more people there and it would probably be slightly less crowded than a school function. The girls had a blast! Layla was a handful and I'm quite glad Nate was there to chase her. She wanted to do everything the big kids did and threw a couple of tantrums when Nate had to remove her from an activity. 

The activities began with Reptile Man. Layla didn't sit very long for this, but Sanaa thought it was pretty cool. We arrived for the last 20-25 minutes of the Reptile Man's show and that was long enough for our girls. (Just so you know, all the pictures were taken with my phone so some are more blurry than others).

Ugh. Snakes. Not my favorite.

A baby alligator. Now I think these are cute.

If I have any say in my children's actions when they are older (which I know I won't!), I will not let them volunteer to hold a snake. The 8 kids below all held this final snake together and one lucky kid even got to wear the snake around his shoulders. Just creeps me out...


After the Reptile Man, we had an hour to walk around with the girls and go to a small petting zoo where they had baby chicks and a bunny. Sanaa got to hold a baby chick.

Layla loved the baby chicks and desperately wanted to hold one, but she's too little. So she took it upon herself to walk around and pet any baby chick she could. It didn't matter who was holding it.


Layla also enjoyed petting the bunny (which Sanaa wouldn't go near for some reason). But I think the baby chicks were definitely Layla's favorite.

I didn't get any pictures of the rest of the morning but the girls also enjoyed playing in a bounce house and gathering the Easter eggs. Layla threw a fit each time her turn was over in the bounce house. The church had 2 bounce house areas set up. One was an area to jump and the other was an obstacle course. Sanaa really enjoyed the obstacle course and did that one 3 times.

At the end of the activities they had a short Easter egg hunt. It wasn't really a hunt since it was in the sanctuary and all the pews were lined with the eggs. But the kids still had a blast putting eggs in their baskets. Our girls didn't get a whole ton of eggs since there were so many kids, but luckily the staff had planned ahead and walked around giving out extra candy to the kids who were to shy or not as fast and didn't end up with as much candy. I honestly don't mind that our girls didn't get much. It just means the candy is gone sooner and I'm not dealing with them on a sugar rush for weeks!

I'm glad we choose to attend the Easter activities at church. I really need to write up a post on how we found our new church because it took us quite awhile. But all the people are very friendly and we've been able to get involved rather quickly. Plus, our girls love to go and are excited when they hear we're going to church.

No comments: