Thursday, March 29, 2012

Laundry!

Laundry Day!

As I was doing laundry today, I received an opportunity to make an entry to my ongoing series "Stuff Sanaa Says."

"But Nate! What series? We've never seen one before on this blog!"


True, true. But I'd like to make one, and I'm secretly compiling one in my head.

"Really?!"


No, not really. I'm on hiatus. More blogging means less Star Wars: The Old Republic, and we can't have that. The galaxy needs saving after all.

But back on track!

Stuff Sanaa Says! With an awesome addition of alliteration!

In this case, I was folding laundry, and Sanaa decided that it was her God Given Task™ to assist me in refolding Mommy's laundry and putting it away.

Now while one might imagine (and rightly so) that my 3.5 year old daughter very well may be a Folding Prodigy in the same vein as certain Japanese females, the reality is that folding for Sanaa entails bringing the arms of a shirt in, folding the shirt in half, and then rolling the whole thing into a ball that then gets gently placed in the bottom of the closet.

This was amusing in and of itself, but then when Sanaa began attempting to fold Rosa's pants, her comments were as follows:

"Errr... Arrrghh..." *loud sigh* "Umm.... err....." *another loud sigh*  "Wow, Mommy's pants are really big! They're so big!"

Being the sensitive and loving husband that I am, and steeped in the intimate understanding of my wife that only 9 years of marriage and 2 years of marriage counseling can bring, it will be no surprise to any of my devoted readers that I promptly informed her of Sanaa's findings, though I could barely get the words out from laughing so hard.

I'm sure that Rosa definitely took Sanaa's comments in the spirit that they were intended, and that I in no way bruised the ego of a woman in her 3rd Trimester, and I'm sure that we don't need to discuss it later either.

No comments: