Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Family time

Last week my mom celebrated her birthday but we waited until the weekend to have a mini party. If you mention that it is someone's birthday to Sanaa she immediately expects there to be a party with cake. This was the first birthday of my mom's that I've been around for since my brother got married in 2004. 

So, we invited my parents, brother and sister-in-law (and their new baby) over for dinner and cake. Sanaa was very excited about the cake and basically designed my mom's cake. She was very insistent that grandma's cake needed hearts and flowers. I can't free-hand hearts onto a cake, so we used a small heart-shaped cookie cutter which Sanaa placed on the cake and I filled it in. I put small flowers on the side of the cake and everything had to be in pink (since that is currently Sanaa's favorite color).

For the occasion, we used Nate's grandma's china that we received after she passed away. The daffodil's came from our front yard. We have a TON of daffodil's growing outside our front door. As spring has slowly arrived here in the NW it's been very interesting to see what all pops up around our new house.

Sanaa and Layla love their cousin Ariana. Both girls want to hold/play/entertain Ariana as much as possible. Nate has some good pictures on his phone of Sanaa holding Ariana that I need to get from him. Layla is especially interested in her baby cousin and just had to sit next to grandma while Ariana took a short nap. Layla has started calling Ariana, "Yaya" which is very cute.

On Monday, Nate and I took the girls to the Portland Children's Museum. Sanaa and Layla had a blast! They were so worn out but really wanted to keep playing. It's a great place to go when it's raining. Since next week is Spring Break for Sanaa we plan to take the girls back to the museum, especially since it's suppose to rain most of the week.

Next week I also have another baby check up. I'll be 27 weeks along this weekend. I'm quite ready for this pregnancy to be over, especially since the morning sickness has returned. I think it was about a week ago that I started feeling sick after the girls went to bed and every afternoon and evening since then I haven't felt so well. I still have some of the nausea meds and I've started taking them again. It's just not right (or fair) for the morning sickness to return! I guess the upside is that I only feel sick in afternoons and evenings, so I can at least get stuff done in the morning.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I'm so sorry that you're feeling sick again!!!