Friday, March 30, 2012

27 weeks 5 days

Today I had a baby checkup and the 1 hour glucose screening. The checkup went well. Malakai is doing well. He moves a lot and has a strong heart beat. I am currently 27 weeks along (I'll hit 28 weeks on Sunday). The morning sickness that came back is still hanging around. I haven't used any medication this week, which is good, but I still haven't felt the best in the evenings. I've also started having more back pain, mainly on the left side when I walk or stand up. The doctor believes the sciatic nerve is being compressed. She suggested alternating between using ice and a heating pad twice a day. So we'll see if that helps. She also offered to send to me to physical therapy, but I have no idea how in the world I would fit that into our schedule. So, I'm hoping the ice and heat help relieve things. 

As for the glucose screening. I failed that. No big surprise there. I failed the 1 hour screening when I was pregnant with Layla and honestly didn't think I'd pass the 1 hour screening this time either. What I wasn't expecting was to find out the results the very same day. Next week (on one of Nate's days off) I'll go sit at the lab for the 3 hour glucose test. I told Nate I'm kind of looking forward to the 3 hour break. Does that make me weird? I hope I don't fail the 3 hour test, but 3 hours of reading a book or knitting sounds kind of nice right now. 

A 27 week belly shot. We took 5 pictures and I hated all of them. Next time I'll try and remember to take a picture when my hair looks decent. :-)

Do you like the letter S in the picture? That was one of Sanaa's crafts from school. Each kid made a mosaic with the first letter of their name.

1 comment:

Eric and Shelley said...

Thanks for the update! Sure miss you guys.