Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Homemade bath paints

I had one of those, "why didn't I think of that sooner" thoughts this afternoon. Sanaa loves to paint and do anything artsy. Layla would love to join in, but there are days I just don't want to clean up the mess after Layla. So I looked up how to make bath paints and found a recipe with 3 ingredients on another blog. So cool! I only mixed up two colors since I wanted to see how it went and it went well. The girls, especially Layla, loved it. This is by far the best way to let Layla paint. At least until the weather is warmer and I can hose her down outside.



They painted a good portion of the tub, but also had a great time wiping the paint off! I didn't have to do any cleaning after their bath since they wiped down all the walls for me.

Next I plan to try making bath crayons. I've found several recipes for that as well and I hope that the crayons last longer than just one bath. The girls emptied the small amount of paint I made, which I fully expected them to do and it would be nice to have something for them to draw with/paint with that lasts longer.

No comments: