Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Christmas, part 1

It's probably about time I get some Christmas pictures up. The weekend after Thanksgiving, the girls and I headed to my parents house to help my mom make Christmas cookies. My mom bakes a variety of cookies every Christmas and this was the first time I got to help in a number of years! I think we'll make this an annual event and as the girls get older they can start helping more.

Sanaa and Layla both wore their aprons for a little while.


Pressing the cookie batter into the cookie mold. They stayed focused for a little bit. I tried to get Layla to spread out her cookie dough, but she kept trying to put the dough in the same spot.

I think the girls favorite part was decorating some cookies. However, Layla spent more time licking the icing than decorating. Sanaa on the other hand enjoyed the decorating process and was very excited about showing her cookies to daddy once we got home.

Christmas Day was spent with my parents. We went to church with them in the morning. After church we swung by the hospital to meet my new niece and then headed to my parents house for Christmas lunch. After Layla's nap we opened presents.

Sanaa and Layla in their Christmas dresses.

Playing at my parents house with a wooden train that my dad found in the attic. This was made by my dad's dad for my dad when he was a little boy. I even remember playing with this train when I was little!

Opening presents with my parents.

Layla watched everyone else open their stockings and just sat by hers. Finally I dumped her contents out so she'd get the idea that something was in there for her to open.

No comments: