Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A fall day

The weather here in Texas has been quite warm. We've been in the mid to upper 70's for the past week or so. Next week we're suppose to get some cooler weather (in the 60's). I know I should be thankful for the nice weather, but I'm honestly quite tired of it. I would like some cooler weather (not freezing cold), but cool enough to wear long sleeves. For some reason, leaves falling and warm weather just don't go together.

Since the weather has been so nice, we've spent most of our days outside and today was no exception. Sanaa is fascinated by the leaves and loves picking them up and dropping them. She'll even cover our cats with leaves if they sit still long enough. :-) We still have a ton of leaves on our tree, so Sanaa will be able to play in the leaves for quite awhile. I know when it comes time for us to rake the leaves Sanaa is going to love helping us! Here are some pictures from today and us playing in the leaves.

For any of you who don't already know this, black pants and chalk are not the best combination. This was actually one of Sanaa's cleaner moments. You'd think that I would have better common sense than to dress Sanaa in black pants and let her play with chalk. Oh, well. At least I have a washing machine.
Sanaa chilling on the front porch. All the outside activity wore her out and she needed a brief break.

No comments: