Thursday, September 10, 2009

House update

Yesterday a technician with the water removal company came and removed half of the fans. Yea! Our house is much quieter. The fans in the dining room, behind the washer, and one fan in the bathroom have been removed. This just leaves one remaining fan in the bathroom, two fans in the garage, and one giant dehumidifier in the garage.

A different technician with the same company came out today and asked if I was ready to get all the equipment out of here. I said "Yes!" As he began to remove the fans in the garage he yelled out, "Ma'am you have another leak." I headed to the garage and said, "Please tell me you're kidding." But he wasn't. The brand new extension tank (not the actual water heater, but a smaller tank off to the side that helps pressurize the hot water) was leaking. The technician put the fan back and scheduled a time to come back out tomorrow. I called the plumber and am now waiting for him to arrive and fix this new leak.

I'm ready for this to be over. But at least this time the water stayed in the garage and didn't come into the house.

No comments: