Monday, September 21, 2009

15 month check-up

This morning Sanaa had her 15 month check-up. Seriously?!?! Where is the time going? She'll be 15 months old next week, but it's a crazy week and so we got her check up done early. She did get three shots and screamed any time I had to lay her down on the table. Poor thing.

Her weight is 21.4 lbs (25th percentile).
Her height is 30 1/2 inches (50th percentile).
Her head circumference is 18 1/4 inches (50th percentile).

A new nurse, that I had not seen before, took Sanaa's measurements and plotted it out on the graph. When the nurse gave me the 15 month check-up paper, Sanaa's weight and height were listed as being in the 10th percentile. I was really surprised! But then the doctor came in and said the nurse had plotted Sanaa's statistics on the 18 month chart instead of the 15 month chart. Wow, that makes a difference! I thought Sanaa was shrinking!!

Sanaa is a healthy little girl. I was able to get a good look at all her teeth while she was busy screaming. (What a mean mom I am!) The bottom 2 molars are in and her top 2 molars have broken through. This gives her 14 teeth (8 on top and 6 on the bottom). I believe she has 6 teeth left (but don't quote me on that!).

We also left the doctor's office with a prescription. It seems I'm making a habit out of this. Sanaa had some fluid in her left ear and has been sick off and on for the past month with what seems to be a cold. But it's been hard to tell because she's also teething. Oh, well. I really need to stop leaving Sanaa's check-ups with a prescription for an antibiotic.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I hope the meds help!!