Monday, August 31, 2009

Birthday weekend

Sunday was my birthday. I turned 30 on the 30th! Sanaa also turned 14 months old on Sunday. So in a way, it was a birthday for both of us. It was a good weekend. Saturday evening Nate's parents took us out to eat for my birthday dinner. We went to a place called the Rainforest Cafe. Since Sanaa loves animals we thought she would enjoy this restaurant. We didn't anticipate that the loud animal sounds would actually scare Sanaa. Oops. Each time the gorilla started making noise Sanaa reached out for Papa Gene to hold her. By the time we got to dessert, Sanaa started to warm up to the restaurant and began pointing out the different animals she saw. I think we'll wait a couple years before taking her back and maybe she'll enjoy it more.

Striking a pose.
Nate got me a baby sling for my birthday. I really enjoy it. It makes carrying Sanaa so much easier and she actually enjoys sitting in it.
Yum! So much food. We left stuffed.
We had a chocolate volcano for dessert. Sanaa wasn't too sure what to make of the sparkler on top.
Me and my girl on Sunday. I wanted at least one picture of the two of us on the 30th.

No comments: