Thursday, July 30, 2009

13 months old

Yesterday at Little Gym the substitute teacher asked how old each child was. I actually had to pause and think before I answered. I was about to say Sanaa had just turned one, but she's now 13 months old (and yes, she's technically one, but we keep counting in months until at least age 2).

Over the weekend as I talked with my mom she asked what Sanaa liked to eat and I thought you all would interested as well, so here's a short list: hot dogs, ham, chicken, any kind of fruit (strawberries, grapes, bananas, peaches, nectarines, kiwi, pears, plums, etc), zucchini, tomatoes, cheese, yogurt, and applesauce. She is not a picky eater and always picks up the new food first. She does not like to drink milk from a sippy cup which has made our transition away from the bottle very hard. She only wants water in her sippy cup. She also doesn't like juice and her pediatrician told us at her 12-month check-up to not even introduce juice since she doesn't like it.

Sanaa is also a very independent child. She is not walking, but is constantly cruising around holding onto our furniture. If you attempt to hold her arms and "help" her walk, she will immediately pull her legs up off the ground until you sit her back down. She will typically then pull herself up on the closest piece of furniture and continue cruising around on her own. Sanaa has recently learned how to sniff flowers, give kisses, and points at everything and says, "Da" (as if to say, what is that?).

Sanaa in her very girly car seat. She loves facing forward.
I recently saw on a friends blog that her son has moved to the big table to eat. So I copied her and removed Sanaa's tray. She loves eating with us and as a result less food has ended up on the floor. (Thanks Jamie!)
Working hard on daddy's old keyboard.
Playing Gramma Carol's piano.
P.S. If you find any spelling errors, I'm sorry. I've already proof read this twice and found something each time. It's just one of those days. In fact, I've misplaced my coffee and have walked around the house several times searching for it. I'd really like to finish my coffee.......

1 comment:

Ciani said...

"I'd really like to finish my coffee......."

Awesome.